MSO12147 - No 24, West Street, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
17th century. Colourwashed render, slate roof, eaves. Two storeys. Three 3- light and two two-light iron casement windows in wood frames, leaded lights. Square head door opening, ribbed door.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264742. First Listed on 22/05/1969.  The 2002 Conservation Area Character Appraisal for Dunster states that "No. 24 is 17th century of colour washed render under a slate roof with iron casement windows having leaded lights, a square-headed door opening with a typically ribbed timber door in a recess"  The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The building is depicted but not labelled on 2018 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SEM8675 Verbal communication: Various. 1900-. Somerset County Council / South West Heritage Trust staff comments. CJ Webster, 2005.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal. p22.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #39172 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9896 4348 (15m by 12m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/109
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35014
Record last edited
Jan 21 2020 1:19PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.