MSO12145 - Glencroft and Cobblestones, West Street, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Early 19th century frontage. Colourwashed render, slate roof, eaves, brick stacks. Two storeys. Two single and one tripartite-light sash windows with glazing bars to 1st floor, two tripartite-light sash windows to ground floor. Central recessed panelled door in cambered head opening with heavy plain stone doorcase. Later large tiled hood on brackets. Flat-headed wide archway with double doors to left-hand. recessed stable-type door to No 20.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264740. First Listed on 22/05/1969.  The building is situated within a Conservation Area.  The buildings were visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. They received a BAR score of 6.  The buildings are depicted on 2018 MasterMap data. The southern structure is labelled "20". 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal. p22.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #39180 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9897 4350 (17m by 21m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/107/1
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/107/2
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35012
Record last edited
Jan 21 2020 1:22PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.