MSO12135 - Woodville House, 25 West Street, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Early 19th century frontage. Colourwashed rendering, slate roof, eaves, brick stacks. Two storeys. Three windows, sashes in reveals, glazing bars. Central semi-circular headed door opening, arched fanlight, panelled door.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264730. First Listed on 22/05/1969.  The building is situated within Dunster's Conservation Area. The 2002 Character Appraisal states that it is "early 19th century with typical features of the period including colour-washed rendering, panelled central door with semi-circular fanlight, and sash windows with narrow glazing bars."  The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The building is depicted and labelled "25" on 2018 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal. p22.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #39167 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9897 4346 (14m by 13m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/97
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35002
Record last edited
Jun 28 2021 3:31PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.