MSO12113 - Post-medieval stone archway linked to Dunster Tithe Barn (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Early 19th century. Stone built archway spanning Priory Green. About 12 feet high. Segemental arch, rubble stone voussoirs, rounded reveals with rebates and iron hinges for gates.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264708. First Listed on 04/08/1983.  The archway is mentioned in the 2002 Character Appraisal document for Dunster Conservation Area.  The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6. 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal. p20.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9905 4373 (3m by 9m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (5A): 26/4/76
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34976
Record last edited
Jan 21 2020 2:27PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.