MSO12102 - Grove House, 35 High Street, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Early 19th century frontage. Stucco, moulded coping to parapet, slate roof, brick stacks. Two storeys. Three windows, sashes in moulded architraves to 1st floor, one each side central panelled door with later gabled hood.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264693. First Listed on 22/05/1969.  The building is situated within Dunster's Conservation Area. The 2002 Character Appraisal states that "Nos. 33 & 35 have good frontages…the latter has moulded coping to the parapet, sash windows in moulded architraves, one each side of a central panelled door with a late 19th century hood."  The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The building is depicted and labelled "35" on 2018 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal. p21.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #39136 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9912 4383 (19m by 11m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/61
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34961
Record last edited
Jan 21 2020 2:36PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.