MSO12100 - Osborne House, 31 High Street, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Early 19th century frontage. Render, slate roof, eaves. Three storeys. Two windows, 3-light wood casements to 2nd floor. Two- storey flat-roofed square bay to right, sashes with glazing bars, tripartite-light sash with glazing bars to 1st floor left-hand. Ground floor has cambered head door opening, recessed modern glazed door, fanlight, and wide cambered head archway with recessed double doors to left-hand.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264691. First Listed on 22/05/1969.  The building is situated within Dunster's Conservation Area.  The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The building is depicted and labelled "31" on 2018 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal. p21.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #39135 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9912 4381 (27m by 15m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/59
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34959
Record last edited
Jan 21 2020 2:39PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.