MSO12099 - The Yarn Market Café and Shop, High Street, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Early 19th century with later alterations. Stucco, slate roof, eaves, end gables. Three storeys. Three windows, sashes in reveals, glazing bars. Modern shop fronts and entrances to ground floor. Recessed modern glazed door to No 27 with fanlight.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264690. First Listed on 06/11/1975.  The building is situated within Dunster's Conservation Area.  The buildings were visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. They received a BAR score of 6.  The buildings are depicted and labelled "25" and "27" on 2018 MasterMap data. Though the labels overlap, it appears that number 25 is the southern structure and 27 the northern one. 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal. p21.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #39134 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9913 4380 (21m by 14m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/58/1
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/58/2
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/58/3
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34958
Record last edited
Jan 21 2020 2:40PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.