MSO12096 - Dunster Post Office, 15 High Street, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
18th century frontage, with later alterations. Stucco, slate roof, eaves, two later gabled dormers. Two-storeys. Four windows, 1st floor has three leaded iron casements in wood frames and one later sash window oriel, 19th century sashes to ground floor. Later shop window and door, central modern glazed door in 17th century flat-headed chamfered frame.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264687. First Listed on 06/11/1975.  The building is situated within Dunster's Conservation Area.  The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The building is depicted and labelled "PO" on 2018 MasterMap data.  The property is labelled as a Post Office on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map. 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal. p21.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #39131 ]
- <6> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9914 4376 (14m by 15m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/55
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34955
Record last edited
Jan 21 2020 2:47PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.