MSO12095 - The Olde House, 13 High Street, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Early 19th century front to probably 16th century building. Stucco, slate roof, eaves, brick stacks, three gabled dormers. Two storeys plus attics. Three windows, sashes in exposed frames, glazing bars, paired sashes to ground floor. Central square-headed modern door, later tiled pent on brackets over ground floor windows and door. Coach archway to right-hand side. Interior much altered but stud and plank screen survives in part in hall partition.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264686. First Listed on 06/11/1975.  The building is within Dunster's Conservation Area.  The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The building is depicted and labelled "13" on 2018 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal. p21.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #39133 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9913 4374 (38m by 18m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=521834 (Original Monarch entry: 521834)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/54
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO9445
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 SE92
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NBR Index Number: 41934
- Pastscape / NRHE HOB UID: 521834
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34954
Record last edited
Apr 9 2021 9:58AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.