MSO12092 - The Tea Shoppe, 3 High Street, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
18th century red brick front to earlier building. Moulded stone coping to parapet, slate roof, brick stacks. Two storeys. Three windows, sashes with glazing bars, exposed frames, keys to 1st floor openings. Square-headed door to left of centre, slated pent over ground floor sash windows and panelled door. 17th century two-light window with ovolo moulded frame to rear wing.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264683. First Listed on 22/05/1969.  The building is situated in Dunster's Conservation Area. The 2002 Character Appraisal states: "no. 3 has a later red brick face to the earlier building, and a rear wing has a 17th century two-light window with ovolo-moulded frame."  The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The building is depicted on 2018 MasterMap data and labelled "3". 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal. p21.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9915 4368 (26m by 11m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/51
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34951
Record last edited
Jan 21 2020 3:07PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.