MSO12091 - The Cage, 1 High Street and 2, Church Street, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Includes No 2 Church Street. Early 19th century. Render, hipped slate roof. Two storeys. Two windows to High Street, sashes with glazing bars, right-hand recessed square head door. Angled corner front with two sash windows and central doorway under slated pent. Four window return to Church Street with plain left-hand door.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264682. First Listed on 06/11/1975.  The buildings are situated within Dunster's Conservation Area.  The buildings were visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. They received a BAR score of 6.  The building is depicted on 2018 MasterMap data. The eastern end is labelled "1" and the western end "2". 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #39137 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9915 4367 (20m by 11m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/50
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34950
Record last edited
Jan 21 2020 3:09PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.