MSO12088 - No 30 and adjoining shop (E Dyer), High Street, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Early 19th century frontages. Render, slate roofs, eaves. Three storeys. Two windows to shop, 2-light wood casements, leaded to 2nd floor, early 19th century double shop front to ground floor with overall fascia, end pilasters, windows divided by glazing bars, recessed 3 with one window per floor, sashes with glazing bars, ground floor window in shallow square bay with slated pent. Right-hand cambered door opening, plain door.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264679. First Listed on 22/05/1969.  The building is included within Dunster's Conservation Area.  The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The building is depicted on 2018 MasterMap data but is not labelled. 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal. p21.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #39120 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9917 4379 (22m by 14m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/47
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34947
Record last edited
Jan 21 2020 3:12PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.