MSO12083 - No 16, High Street, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
18th century with later alterations. Render, slate roof, eaves, two brick stacks, square rubble stack at rear. Two storeys. Two windows, 4-light leaded casements with moulded wood mullions to 1st floor, one similar 3-light window to ground floor left-hand. Later central door and modern plate-glass shop window. Tiled pents over ground floor windows, gabled hood over central door. Good moulded door frame to right-hand with scroll carving on faces of jambs and lintel.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264674. First Listed on 22/05/1969.  The house is included within Dunster's Conservation Area.  The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The building is depicted on 2018 MasterMap data but is not labelled. 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal. p21.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9918 4373 (27m by 14m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=521835 (Original Monarch entry: 521835)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/42
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO9446
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 SE93
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NBR Index Number: 41935
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 521835
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34942
Record last edited
Jan 21 2020 3:19PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.