MSO12081 - Old Cottage, 10 High Street, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
16th century. Breaks forward slightly from building line. Render, tarred and slated roof, eaves. Two storeys plus attics. Two windows, 3-light leaded iron casements to 1st floor. Square bays to ground floor, small-pained fixed light windows with glazing bars. Slate pent over bays and door.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264672. First Listed on 22/05/1969.  The building is included in Dunster's Conservation Area; the 2002 character appraisal notes it is one of Dunster's earliest cottages.  The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The building is depicted on 2018 MasterMap data and labelled "10". 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal. p21.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9918 4370 (11m by 9m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/40
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34940
Record last edited
Jan 21 2020 3:22PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.