MSO12079 - No 6, High Street, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
17th century with later alterations. Render, plaintiles, eaves. Two storeys. Three windows, leaded iron casements with moulded wood mullions to 1st floor, later wood casements to ground floor. Central square head door, later gabled hood on brackets.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264670. First Listed on 22/05/1969.  The building is within Dunster's Conservation Area.  The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The building is depicted on 2018 MasterMap data but is not labelled. 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal. p21.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #39113 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9918 4369 (25m by 12m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/38
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34938
Record last edited
Apr 7 2021 10:15AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.