MSO12078 - No 4, High Street, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Early 19th century with later alterations. Stucco, slate roof, eaves, end gables. Two storeys. Three windows, sashes in reveals with glazing bars to first floor, modern wood casements to ground floor. Square bay to right-hand side. Central semi-circular headed door opening, arched fanlight, panelled door. Square headed opening with double doors to right hand side.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264669. First Listed on 06/11/1975.  The building is situated within Dunster's Conservation Area.  The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The building is depicted on 2018 MasterMap data but is not labelled. 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal. p21.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #39118 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9918 4368 (25m by 14m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/37
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34937
Record last edited
Jan 21 2020 3:26PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.