MSO12076 - The Archers, Dunster Steep, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Originally two houses. Late 18th Century. Stucco, slate roof, brick chimney stacks. Two-storeys. Six window front, sashes with glazing bars. Two doors with reed pilasters and elliptical fanlights with tracery. Left-hand door panelled, right-hand door with glazing. Pilasters at quoins.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264667. First Listed on 04/08/1983.  The house is within Dunster's Conservation Area.  The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The building is depicted on 2018 MasterMap data and labelled "The Archers".  The building is labelled "The Cottage" on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map, and is shown without subdivisions. 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal. p21.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #39112 ]
- <6> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9930 4396 (25m by 26m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/35
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34935
Record last edited
Jan 21 2020 3:34PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.