MSO12073 - No 24, Church Street, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Early 19th century. Brick front, render to side elevation. Hipped slate roof. Two storeys plus attics. Dormer window, gable casement window. Four narrow sash windows, glazing bars, flat arch voussoirs. Central panelled door, semi- circular fanlight with tracery. Plain doorway to right with semi-circular arch.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264664. First Listed on 04/08/1983.  The 2002 Conservation Area Character Assessment for Dunster states "Nos. 22 & 24 are early 19th century ...the latter described as brick fronted in the listing details but now also rendered. No.22 has a 19th century shop front with narrow glazing bars and a semi-circular headed door opening with engraved glass lettering (formerly J H Parham’s General Store) and an arched fanlight above."  The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The building is depicted on 2018 MasterMap data and labelled "24". 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal. p22.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #39155 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9901 4362 (9m by 9m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/32
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34932
Record last edited
Jan 21 2020 3:37PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.