MSO12066 - Nos 14 and 16, Church Street, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
18th century front to possibly earlier building. Rendered, slate roof. Two storeys. Three windows, two sashes with glazing bars, 3-light casement. Pair of small-paned fixed-light shop windows to ground floor left-hand. Square-headed door opening with ribbed door in flat-arched frame.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264657. First Listed on 06/11/1975.  The 2002 Conservation Area Character Appraisal for Dunster states "Nos. 14 & 16 have an 18th century front to a probable earlier building. The shop front with narrow glazing bars may be original."  The buildings were visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. They received a BAR score of 6.  The building is depicted on 2018 MasterMap data. The eastern end is labelled "14" and the western end "16". 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal. p22.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #39152 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9911 4366 (18m by 19m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/25/1
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/25/2
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34925
Record last edited
Jan 21 2020 3:51PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.