MSO12059 - No 7, Castle Hill, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Early 19th century with later alterations. Random rubble red sandstone, ashlar quoins and dressings to openings. Plain tile roof, brick chimney stacks. Tile hanging to west gable at first floor supported on wooden brackets. Two storeys. Two casement windows, small paned, diamond shaped glazing to ground floor windows. Modern door under gabled hood on brackets. 1.5 storey gabled wing to east. Included for group value.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264649. First Listed on 04/08/1983.  The building is situated within Dunster's Conservation Area.  The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The building is depicted on 2018 MasterMap dataand is labelled "7". 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #39148 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9909 4357 (35m by 11m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/18
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34917
Record last edited
Jan 21 2020 3:58PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.