MSO12055 - Post-medieval granary at Castle Home Farm, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Early 19th century. Brick with double Roman tiled, hipped roof. Small square 1.5 storey structure. Steps up to granary floor. Two brick segmental arches to basement openings on each elevation. Plain boarded door. A good example of a local agricultural building.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264645. First Listed on 04/08/1983.  The building is situated within Dunster's Conservation Area.  The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 5A.  The building is depicted but not labelled on 2018 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal. p21.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9912 4360 (7m by 6m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (5A): 26/4/14
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34913
Record last edited
Jan 21 2020 4:07PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.