MSO12051 - 6, Castle Hill, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Early quoins. Jettied timber framing to first floor, slate roof. Tall brick chimney stacks projecting from side wall, small gabled roof return. Two storeys. One 4-light diamond pattern leaded window, moulded wood mullions to first floor. 17th century 5-light casement window with glazing bars, ovolo moulded wood mullions, frame and hood mould on ground floor. Ribbed door to right of window, chamfered wooden lintel, moulded oak frame.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264641. First Listed on 04/08/1983.  The building is within Dunster's Conservation Area.  The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The building is shown on 2018 MasterMap data and is labelled "6". 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal. p21.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #39138 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9916 4365 (8m by 9m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/9
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34909
Record last edited
Jan 21 2020 4:12PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.