MSO12048 - No 1, Castle Hill, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
18th century. colourwashed render, slate roof, eaves, cornice, end gables, brick stacks. Three storeys. Three windows, sashes with glazing bars, flush frames, tripartite-light to ground floor. Central square-headed opening, flat moulded wooden hood on brackets, stop-moulded doorframes, framed and studded door.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264638. First Listed on 22/05/1969.  The building is situated within Dunster's Conservation Area. The 2002 Character Appraisal states "No. 1 is 18th century, also colourwashed render, having sash windows with narrow glazing bars, a central square-headed opening, stopmoulded door frame and a framed and studded door." The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The building is shown on 2018 MasterMap data and is labelled "1". 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal. p21.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9918 4366 (28m by 21m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/6
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34906
Record last edited
Jan 21 2020 4:15PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.