MSO12047 - Bonniton, Bonniton Lane, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Former Bonding Toll House of 1708, rebuilt in mid 19th century in Luttrell Estate style. Random rubble, double Roman tiles. 1.5 storeys. Two irregular gable dormers with plain barge boards. Two windows to first floor, 2 and 3- light leaded casements. Earlier 4-light oak moulded frame window to ground floor left-hand side, 3-light casement window to right. Pents over windows. Similar pentice porch to off-centre doorway on carved brackets, earlier studded door with mid 19th Century surround. Tablet set in wall at first floor "This is Bonding toll house 1708".  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264637. First Listed on 04/08/1983.  The building was visited in June 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The building is shown on 2018 MasterMap data and is labelled "Bonniton". 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <4>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #41303 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9800 4255 (13m by 10m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/2/114
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34905
Record last edited
Jan 21 2020 4:17PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.