MSO12042 - The Green, 1 The Ball, Dunster (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Late 18th century. Stucco, slate roof, eaves, end pilasters. Two storeys. Four windows, sashes with glazing bars, exposed frames. 3-light sash window bay to left-hand. Two semi-circular headed door openings, panelled doors, arched fanlights.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264632. First Listed on 22/05/1969.  The building is situated within Dunster's Conservation Area.  The building was visited in April 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The building is shown on 2018 MasterMap data and is labelled "1". 
- <1> SSO691 Index: 4/8/1983. Twenty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM7910 Unpublished document: Fisher, J.. 2002. Dunster Conservation Area Character Appraisal.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #39200 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9912 4385 (19m by 21m)|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 26/4/1
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34900
Record last edited
Jan 21 2020 4:24PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.