MSO11687 - Ring bank and mound, Room Hill, Winsford (Monument)
No summary available.
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (3)
- None recorded
Low circular ring bank with low central mound, apparently sealed by old field bank. Outer ring is 0.2m high and mound 0.1m high. Looks like a small barrow but the surrounding ridge and furrow (PRN 34248) seems not to run over it, although it is difficult to see. May be contemporary.  Not located by RCHME Exmoor Survey in 1997.  RCHME confused this site with PRN 34244 and may have looked in the wrong place. 
- <1> SSO1379 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R. 28.6.1981. description and plan.
- <2> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 4354.
- <3> SSO271 Aerial photograph: September 19. HSL.UK.71-178 Run 85, 3928, Run 87, 8629, 8630 and 8631.
- <4> SSO202 Aerial photograph: May 1977. ENP MAM IRFC. 12.077, 14.007 and 14.086.
- <5> SSO856 Article in serial: Burrow, I., Minnitt, S. and Murless, B.. 1982. Somerset Archaeology 1981. Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. 126. 69-91. 86.
- <6> SSO1871 Survey: RCHME. 1997. Exmoor survey. NMR site SS 83 NE 11.
- <7> SSO2075 Unassigned: Webster, Chris. July 1998. Comments from SMRO.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 861 361 (14m by 14m)|
|Civil Parish||WINSFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34246
Record last edited
Dec 15 2010 2:18PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.