MSO11685 - Enclosure, Room Hill, Winsford (Monument)
No summary available.
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Part of a large circular banked enclosure seen on APs.  Situated on a N facing spur, just below the crest of the hill. S, SW and SE sides visible as an arc of bracken growth in an otherwise grassy area. Slight terrace in hillside with arc of bracken on riser of terrace. Not traceable downslope.  No earthworks recorded. There is a naturally platformed area on the site which may have contributed to the vegetational changes.  Not located by RCHME Exmoor Survey in 1997.  RCHME confused this site with PRN 34246 and may not have looked. 
- <1> SSO708 Survey: Western Archaeological Trust. 1980s. Exmoor Aerial Photograph Survey. 8536.
- <2> SSO822 Unassigned: Burrow, I. 3.5.1979.
- <3> SSO1377 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R. 28.6.1981. description.
- <4> SSO1871 Survey: RCHME. 1997. Exmoor survey. NMR site SS 83 NE 27.
- <5> SSO2075 Unassigned: Webster, Chris. July 1998. Comments from SMRO.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8585 3619 (107m by 106m)|
|Civil Parish||WINSFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34244
Record last edited
Dec 15 2010 2:18PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.