MSO11604 - Mill at Combe Sydenham (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
"Mill pond" printed on OSAD 6" map.  Included as part of listed building complex (MSO10539, MSO10540, MSO10541).  Was a corn mill. Structure recently restored. Mill stream to overshot wheel, 13.6ft diameter and 3.5ft wide with 40 metal buckets made by Wightman and Dening of Chard in 1846. Water fed from fishponds (MSO8187).  "Corn mill" and "mill pond" printed on OS 6" map.  The mill is also shown on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map. 
- <1> SSO1638 Map: Ordnance Survey Archaeology Division. 1961. 6" ST03NE.
- <2> SSO957 Unassigned: Dennison, E. 10.05.84. Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1984 Unassigned: Warren, D. 05.12.77. Somerset Industrial Archaeology Society.
- <4> SSO1564 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1904. 6" sheet 48SW.
- <5> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred ST 0753 3674 (63m by 111m)|
|Civil Parish||STOGUMBER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=975288 (Original Monarch entry: 975288)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8186
- National Monuments Record reference: ST 03 NE49
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 975288
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34028
Record last edited
Oct 26 2015 10:50AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.