MSO11599 - Possible undated circular enclosure south of Henners Combe (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Two ring shaped soil marks with small circular mark in the centre. The one to the east (at SS 9198 4845) has an out turned opening to the north. The other is at SS 9190 4840. [1,2] No trace of these could be found on the ground.  The aerial photograph shows the eastern circle clearly as a cropmark with an opening to the north. A better grid reference would be SS 9205 4840. There is nothing at the western grid reference apart from some very vague marks. 
- <1>XY SSO708 Survey: Western Archaeological Trust. 1980s. Exmoor Aerial Photograph Survey. 9148. [Mapped features: #34481 Western "enclosure", ; #34482 Eastern enclosure, ]
- <2> SSO254 Aerial photograph: 1971. HSL.UK.71-177 Run 91, September. 8681.
- <3> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 6 May 1998.
- <4> SEM8675 Verbal communication: Various. 1900-. Somerset County Council / South West Heritage Trust staff comments. Chris Webster, Somerset County Council, 5 March 1999.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9193 4844 (118m by 122m)|
|Civil Parish||SELWORTHY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1119173 (Pastscape entry: 1119173)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8068
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 NW43
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1119173
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34005
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:23PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.