MSO11527 - Pound, west of Porlock (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The pound is shown on historic mapping. [1-5] This is mentioned by D Corner as being 'The Manor Pound'. He states the present pound dates from 1844 and previously, it was on the left of the old entrance to Court Place. 
- <1> SSO1599 Map: Ordnance Survey Archaeology Division. 1962. 6" S84NE.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1904, 34(1).
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SSO1559 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1931. 6" sheet 34NW.
- <5> SMO5112 Map: Ordnance Survey. Various. Ordnance Survey Map (Scale / Date) . 6 inch / 1962.
- <6> SEM7093 Monograph: Corner, Dennis. 1992. Porlock in Those Days. Exmoor Books. p47, 89.
- <7> SEM8052 Report: Pratt, N.. 2013. Porlock Conservation Area: Appraisal Document.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8826 4688 (8m by 11m) (MasterMap)|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1127296 (Original Monarch entry: 1127296)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7968
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 NE27
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1127296
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33922
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:23PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.