MSO11320 - Blackford deserted farmstead (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Adam de Blakeford mentioned in 1327 Lay Subsidy Roll.  Small enclosures shown on OSAD 6" map.  Cottage and a few earthworks seen.  Stoke Pero tithe map shows a small farm here of 24 acres. [4,5] The 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map shows three small buildings occupying the same footprint as the current cottage. 
- <1> SEM7942 Serial: Dickinson, F.H.. 1889. Kirby's Quest for Somerset. 180.
- <2> SSO1619 Map: Ordnance Survey Archaeology Division. 1962. 6" SS84SE.
- <3> SSO748 Unassigned: Aston, M. 01.03.77. Somerset County Council. Site visit, 12 February 1977.
- <4> SSO742 Article in serial: Aston, M. 1983. Deserted Farms on Exmoor and the Lay subsidy of 1327 in West Somerset. Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeology and Natural History Society. 127. 94.
- <5> SSO667 Map: 1841. Stoke Pero Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <6> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 862 439 (57m by 157m)|
|Civil Parish||LUCCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=36078 (Original Monarch entry: 36078)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7350
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7410
- National Monuments Record reference: 44458
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SE43
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 36078
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 524509
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33675
Record last edited
Oct 13 2014 9:58AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.