MSO11279 - Post-medieval water wheel at Coombe Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Track of leat from stream at SS 853 395. Traces of wheel pit hole in wall for shaft. Present owner had wheel and gearing removed but it was an iron overshot wheel with loft iron flume leading to trough. All made by Phillips of Birmingham. Powered general farm machinery. 
- <1> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. D Warren, Somerset Industrial Archaeology Society, 24 November 1977.
|Grid reference||SS 853 391 (point) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||EXFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=974768 (Pastscape entry: 974768)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO6778
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 83 NE70
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 974768
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33620
Record last edited
Dec 13 2016 10:40AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.