MSO11133 - Bathing Pond, Pixton Park, Dulverton (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
'Bathing Pond' is printed on the Ordnance Survey Archaeology Division map.  The pond is shown, but not named on the 1976 Ordnance Survey map.  'Bathing Pond' is marked on the Second Edition Ordnance Survey map. It also has an enclosure around it, including a small building.  It does not, however, show on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map. [3,4]
- <1> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560. SS92NW, Archaeology Division.
- <2> SEM7578 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1976. 1:10000 Map, 1976. 1:10000. SS92NW.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7096 Article in monograph: Gathercole, C.. 2003. English Heritage Extensive Urban Survey: An Archaeological Assessment of Dulverton. The Somerset Urban Archaeological Survey. English Heritage. P.11.
- <5> SEM7050 Report: Bernhardt, H.. 2005. Historical Report, Pixton Park. P.10.
- <6> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9245 2694 (40m by 40m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33439
Record last edited
Aug 2 2016 11:49AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.