MSO10949 - 19th Century leat southeast of Warren Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
300 metres of contour leat on south side of Dry Hill. Western end begins at 19th Century field bank which forms the eastern end of similar leats. Eastern end runs unto small combe on Ware Ball. Generally 0.5 metres wide with a steep downslope bank 0.4 metres high in places. Maximum width 1.5 metres. [1-4] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project.  The leat appears to be a continuation of that recorded as MSO10941. 
- <1>XY SSO461 Unassigned: SMR file 33088. [Mapped feature: #34280 ]
- <2> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 4157.
- <3> SSO245 Aerial photograph: September 19. HSL.UK.71-177 Run 79. 9282.
- <4> SEM7060 Report: McDonnell, R.. 1985. Recommendations for the Management of Archaeological Sites in the Exmoor National Park at Warren, Pinford, Tom's Hill and Hayes Allotment. 43-4 (site 237).
- <5> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 975002, Extant 26 May 2021.
- <6> SEM8630 Verbal communication: Various. 1993-. Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Team staff comments. Catherine Dove, 26 May 2021.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7998 4038 (210m by 139m)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7041
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SW90
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 975002
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33088
Record last edited
May 26 2021 12:12PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.