MSO10940 - Leat, area of Warren Farm, Exmoor (Monument)
No summary available.
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Contour leat running from SS78904095, a C19 field bank, to SS79554057 where it fades out by the stream running down the E side of the farm. Western section generally 0.6m wide with a low spread down slope bank. To the S of the farm it is scarcely discernible. The leat does not cut any other features, but is cut by the C19 field boundaries and road. 
- <1> SSO452 Unassigned: SMR file 33079.
- <2> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 4156.
- <3> SSO245 Aerial photograph: September 19. HSL.UK.71-177 Run 79. 9282.
- <4> SSO407 Photograph: February 198. SCC Planning Department Slide 3.014.0087.
- <5> SSO1384 Report: McDonnell, R. 1985. Recommendations for the Management…. 41 (site 228).
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7923 4075 (637m by 365m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33079
Record last edited
Feb 5 2020 2:02PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.