MSO10939 - Leat, area of Warren Farm, Exmoor (Monument)
No summary available.
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Contour leat running from the Warren to Dry Hill. Starts at SS78604105 in Exe valley and ends against a C19 field bank at SS79864052. Fairly well preserved throughout its length, 0.6m wide with a down slope bank up to 0.5m high and 1.5m wide. At SS79254063 leat supported by a stone bank. Post dates the trackway and enclosure walls at Warren Cottages (PRN 33068) and pillow mound (PRN 33071) which it cuts. 
- <1> SSO451 Unassigned: SMR file 33078.
- <2> SSO289 Aerial photograph: 1947. LHL CPE/UK/1980. 4156-7.
- <3> SSO245 Aerial photograph: September 19. HSL.UK.71-177 Run 79. 9282.
- <4> SSO416 Photograph: February 198. Slide (SCC Planning Department). 3.014.0087.
- <5> SSO1384 Report: McDonnell, R. 1985. Recommendations for the Management…. 40 (site 227).
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7917 4074 (1376m by 649m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33078
Record last edited
Feb 5 2020 2:02PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.