MSO10938 - Post-medieval pillow mound at Warren Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Small round mound west of Warren Farmhouse. 0.4 metres high and 4.0 metres wide. [1,2] The site is depicted and labelled as a pillow mound on 2018 MasterMap data.  This forms part of a warren which was likely created by James Boevey in the 17th Century. Around 10 pillow mounds were present, comprising low rectangular banks with shallow surrounding ditches. 
- <1> SSO450 Unassigned: SMR file 33077. PRN 33077.
- <2> SEM7060 Report: McDonnell, R.. 1985. Recommendations for the Management of Archaeological Sites in the Exmoor National Park at Warren, Pinford, Tom's Hill and Hayes Allotment. 36 (site 216).
- <3>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #34056 ]
- <4> SEM7997 Monograph: Siraut, M.. Royal Forest, Exmoor: A guide to the Royal Forest of Exmoor. Exmoor National Park Authority. 28.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7929 4078 (10m by 10m)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33077
Record last edited
Feb 5 2020 3:55PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.