MSO10829 - Hele Bridge Farm (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Farmhouse. Probably C17 in origin, enlarged early-mid C19. Roughcast over rubble, hipped slate roof, overhanging eaves, brick stack between first and second bays left, large external stone stack right return partly masked by lean-to addition. Double pile facing east, extension at rear. Three storeys, 3 bays all wooden 3-light mullioned and transomed windows, central single storey gabled porch, semi-circular headed opening, half glazed inner door with many panes; right return, lean-to single storey extension with 2-light part boarded, part leaded window and independently roofed wing to rear. The single storey extension probably encloses bread oven and other features at service end. Interior not seen, could retain features of interest.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 429172. First Listed on 04/08/1986.  Double pile plan. Stone, Render, roughcast and pebbledash walls. Hipped roof  The building was visited in December 2013 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6. 
- <1> SSO59 Index: 4/8/1986. 36th List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset)/Exmoor National Park..
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9325 2784 (18m by 23m)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 1648/9/54
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31385
Record last edited
Mar 24 2021 9:41AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.