MSO10820 - Stagshead Farmhouse, Hownel Lane, Brompton Regis (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
(Shown on OS map as Stagshead Cottage). Farmhouse. Mid C19. Roughcast over rubble, slate roof, rebuilt brick stack left gable end, roughcast stack right. Plan: 2-cell and cross passage. Two storeys, 3-bays; 16-pane sash windows with semi-circular headed tops to frames, central gabled porch, timber-framed gable end, depressed pointed arch opening dying into imposts, half-glazed inner door.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265621. First Listed on 04/08/1986.  2-cell plan. Stone, Render, roughcast and pebbledash walls. Gabled roof  The building was visited in June 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6. 
- <1> SSO59 Index: 4/8/1986. 36th List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset)/Exmoor National Park..
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9241 3098 (15m by 10m)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 1648/3/33
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31355
Record last edited
Mar 17 2021 1:43PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.