MSO10817 - The Vicarage and its outbuildings, Brompton Regis (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Vicarage with attached outbuildings. Late C18-early C19. Roughcast over rubble, slate hung basement, right return and main elevation to outbuildings, slate roofs, overhanging eaves, brick stacks rising at gable ends from either side of roof ridge, corrugated asbestos sheeting to outbuildings. Plan: double pile house facing south-east with L-plan range of outbuildings attached north-east corner. Two storeys plus attic and basement, 3 bays, 12-pane sash windows, central entrance approached by flight of steps, Doric doorcase with plain pilasters, tryglyph frieze, 4-panel door with panelled reveals and rectangular light above, basement lit by 2-light windows. Left return 2 windows irregularly inserted in apex of gable; right return former loft over shelter shed linking former loft over stables and coach house, now with C20 openings and included primarily for group value with house.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265610. First Listed on 04/08/1986.  Double pile plan. Stone, Render, roughcast and pebbledash walls. Gabled roof  The buildings were visited in March 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. They received a BAR score of 6. 
- <1> SSO59 Index: 4/8/1986. 36th List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset)/Exmoor National Park..
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9518 3151 (35m by 29m)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 1648/4/30/1
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 1648/4/30/2
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31352
Record last edited
May 8 2014 5:04PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.