MSO10777 - Staddon Farmhouse, Winsford (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Shown on OS map as Great Staddon. Farmhouse. C16-C17, altered subsequently, extended one bay beyond right stack, refenestrated mid C20. Roughcast over cob, slate roof hipped to right beyond stone stack, rendered stack left gable end. Plan: altered internally, possibly 3-cell with full height shallow central projecting bay forming porch. Two storeys, 1:1:2 bays; wall to left of porch set back from line of wall to right, 2 and 3-light casements, ground floor 2 windows left of plank door in porch, one right with small windows flanking entrance in additional end bay right; an uneven line above door to right indicates perhaps earlier structure in form of single storey lean-to, slate roofed addition beyond. Interior: altered, some chamfered beams with step and runout stops, stair set against rear wall in central room, collar and principal roof.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265559. First Listed on 02/01/1986.  3-cell plan. Earth, Render, roughcast and pebbledash walls. Collar beam, Hipped roof  The building was visited in December 2013 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6. 
- <1> SSO672 Index: 2/1/1986. Thirty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset)/Exmoor National Park.
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8811 3702 (22m by 14m) MasterMap|
|Civil Parish||WINSFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 1076/13/145
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31277
Record last edited
Sep 21 2021 3:54PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.