MSO10776 - Post-medieval packhorse bridgewest of Lyncombe (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Packhorse bridge. C17-C18, possibly earlier. Lias. Dry stone flat bedded rubble; single span, pointed arch; rubble voussoirs; curved abutments; parapet of undressed stone set on end, ramped up to centre. Hump backed bridge with remains of pebble pathway. A fine example of a single span, humpbacked Exmoor bridge, unusual in that it appears not to have been altered during the last two hundred years.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265558. First Listed on 06/04/1959.  Stone, Random rubble, coursed walls.  The building was not visited as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. 
- <1> SSO672 Index: 2/1/1986. Thirty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset)/Exmoor National Park.
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8672 3748 (8m by 14m)|
|Civil Parish||WINSFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=35736 (Original Monarch entry: 35736)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (Not visited): 1076/13/144
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8531
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 83 NE22
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 35736
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31276
Record last edited
May 27 2014 12:56PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.