MSO10761 - Post-medieval linhay at The Knapp, Tivington (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Linhay, now garage. C18 and C19. Red sandstone random rubble, steeply pitched thatched roof. Four bays, circular stone piers, weatherboarded east end, scissor truss roof. Listed primarily for group value with The Knapp (qv).  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265542. First Listed on 02/01/1986.  4-bay plan. Stone, Random rubble walls. Scissor truss, Gabled roof  The building was visited in May 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 3A.  The building is depicted on the 2020 MasterMap data. Knapp House is shown and labelled just to the north of the structure. 
- <1> SSO672 Index: 2/1/1986. Thirty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset)/Exmoor National Park.
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5> SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9314 4548 (10m by 8m)|
|Civil Parish||SELWORTHY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (3A): 1076/4/128
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31258
Record last edited
Oct 12 2021 10:48AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.