MSO10759 - Greenhills, Tivington (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Cottage. Probably C17, extended C20. Roughcast over rubble, hipped thatched roof with catslide and double Roman tiled addition, large exposed rubble lateral stack to right of entrance, tall lateral stack on right return. Plan: 2-cell with C20 addtion. One and a half storeys, dormer window to left of lateral stack, catslide addition unlit on main elevation, ground floor plank door left, long window with 3 vertical lights beside stack, right return of one bay lit, catslide to right. Interior not seen. (Photograph in NMR).  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265540. First Listed on 22/05/1969.  2-cell plan. Stone, Render, roughcast and pebbledash walls. Hipped, Cats-slide roof  The building was visited in May 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The house is shown on 2020 MasterMap data and labelled Green Hills. 
- <1> SSO672 Index: 2/1/1986. Thirty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset)/Exmoor National Park.
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5> SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9305 4494 (13m by 10m)|
|Civil Parish||SELWORTHY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 1076/9/126
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31256
Record last edited
Oct 11 2021 12:26PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.