MSO10742 - Trill family chest tomb in All Saints Churchyard (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Chest tomb. C18. Flat topped moulded cornice, partially sunk. Inscribed on north and south sides to members of the Trill family, west end to Grace, wife of Thomas Escott of Sandhill, died 1784, east end plain, and top to John Siderfin of Knowle. There is a memorial to Robert Siderfin inside All Saints Church (qv).  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265527. First Listed on 02/01/1986.  Stone, Ashlar walls.  The building was visited in May 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 5A.  The site was revisited in April 2014 as it was not clear whether the previous score had been assigned to the chest tomb or the plaque in the church (not part of listing). Some damage was noted. It received a score of 3A. 
- <1> SSO672 Index: 2/1/1986. Thirty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset)/Exmoor National Park.
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5> SEM8077 Unpublished document: Bonvoisin, P.. 2014. Survey of Listed Buildings not located during 2012-3 Buildings at Risk Survey.
- <6> SEM6952 Report: Fisher, J.. 2004. Selworthy: Conservation Area Character Appraisal. 14.
|Grid reference||SS 9200 4680 (point) (GPS derived)|
|Civil Parish||SELWORTHY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (3A): 1076/26/109
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31239
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:23PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.