MSO10741 - Coffin family chest tomb in All Saints Churchyard (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Chest tomb. C18. Flat topped, cavetto moulded cornice, recessed fluted corners with raised and fielded panels, moulded plinth set on base of 2 steps with brick plinth below partially exposed. Inscribed on north and south sides to members of the Coffin family; date of 1716 discernable on north face. Top damaged.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265526. First Listed on 02/01/1986.  Stone, Ashlar walls.  The building was visited in May 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6. 
- <1> SSO672 Index: 2/1/1986. Thirty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset)/Exmoor National Park.
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5> SEM6952 Report: Fisher, J.. 2004. Selworthy: Conservation Area Character Appraisal. 14.
|Grid reference||SS 9199 4679 (point) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||SELWORTHY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (4A): 1076/26/108
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31238
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:23PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.