MSO10655 - Milestone at NGR SS 9230 3336, Bridgetown (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Milestone. Early C19. Limestone and cast iron. Square headed stone with attached plaque, raised semi-circular headed central section inscribed: '13 miles to Minehead'. Overgrown and sunk into grown obscuring the word 'Minehead'. The road was turnpiked in 1824.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265435. First Listed on 02/01/1986.  'M.S.' noted on modern OS map.  The building was visited in June 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 5A. 
- <1> SSO672 Index: 2/1/1986. Thirty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset)/Exmoor National Park.
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1584 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2004. Landline Map.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||SS 9230 3336 (point)|
|Civil Parish||EXTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (5A): 1076/19/22
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10258
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 17417
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31144
Record last edited
Dec 21 2020 11:41AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.