MSO10653 - Milestone at NGR SS 9258 3206, Exton (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Milestone. Early C19. Limestone and cast iron. Square headed stone, damaged right, attached plaque with central semi-circular headed section inscribed in incised lettering: '14 miles to Minehead'. The road was turnpiked in 1824.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265433. First Listed on 02/01/1986.  The building was visited in March 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 3A. 
- <1> SSO672 Index: 2/1/1986. Thirty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset)/Exmoor National Park.
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||SS 9258 3208 (point)|
|Civil Parish||EXTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (3A): 1076/19/20
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31142
Record last edited
Dec 21 2020 10:44AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.