MSO10649 - Lower North Quarme farmhouse (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Farmhouse, now store. C17, altered C18. Slobbered rubble, slate roof hipped to right, large lateral stack to left of entrance. Plan: probably 2 cell. One and a half storeys, 2:1 bays, first floor dormers set below eaves, early C20 3-light casements, ground floor left small 3-light ovolo moulded mullioned window, removed sill, leaded iron casements, and 4-light ovolo moulded mullioned window, C19 studded plank door to right of stack, wooden lintel, recessed opening. Interior not sighted. C19 3-bay lower independently roofed extension abutting left not of special interest. This was the farmhouse before Higher North Quarme (not included) was built.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265430. First Listed on 02/01/1986.  2-cell plan. Stone, Render walls. Hipped roof  The building was visited in March 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6. 
- <1> SSO672 Index: 2/1/1986. Thirty-fifth List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset)/Exmoor National Park.
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9207 3661 (21m by 10m)|
|Civil Parish||EXTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 1076/14/16
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31138
Record last edited
Dec 11 2020 3:57PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.