MSO10602 - Venniford Cottages, Venniford (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Pair of semi-detached estate cottages. Mid C19. Red sandstone random rubble, double Roman tile roof, overhanging eaves, stone stacks set in from gable ends. U-plan. One and a half storeys, two 3-light dormers centre, all ground floor windows with ogee heads and astragal leading, roof over end bays swept down as catslide over 2-light window, 4-light windows flanking central Tudor arch head entrances, plank doors. Left return, rendered gable end, plain tiled pentices over two 3-light casements carried on paired brackets, left bay jettied out above C20 2-light window, right return similar but tile hung gable end and all original fenestration.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265372. First Listed on 05/06/1985.  U-plan. Stone, Random rubble walls. Gabled roof  The buildings were visited in May 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. They received a BAR score of 6.  The buildings are depicted and labelled on 2020 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SSO58 Index: 5/6/1985. 34th List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500. [Mapped feature: #41357 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9304 4581 (18m by 11m)|
|Civil Parish||MINEHEAD WITHOUT, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 444/2/89/1
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 444/2/89/2
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31075
Record last edited
May 24 2021 11:06AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.